sesquipedalian (adj.) –
1. Having many syllables, long; as in “sesquipedalian terms”
2. Given to or characterized by the use of long words; “a sesquipedalian political statement”
3. Long and ponderous; polysyllabic
4. Measuring or containing a foot and a half
5. Given to the overuse of long words; as with “sesquipedalian political orators”
Fun Fact: Etymologically, from Latin sesquipedalis; literally, a foot and a half long
Wallace, David Foster. “Authority and American Usage.” Consider the Lobster. New York: Back Bay Books, 2007. p 81.